In our written posts, we will explore a wide range of topics including modern issues surrounding masculinity and male identity, how men can connect more deeply with themselves and others, and daily, actionable steps that any man can take to transform themselves and their lives.
On our podcast ‘Tales That Tethr’, tethr Founder & CEO Matt Zerker interviews entrepreneurs, experts, thought leaders, and regular people about what is means to be a man, the challenges that modern men face, and how to overcome challenges and live life in a more connected and authentic way.
As 2021 gets going and the tethr community continues to grow, we want to make sure everyone is up to date. If you’ve been around for a while, take this as an opportunity to refresh your tethr knowledge. After all tethr is, first and foremost, a community and it cannot function without the support of our members.
Here’s everything that’s going on in the tethr-sphere right now:
WFWF January Virtual Community Event - January 13th 2021 8:30PM EST
Every month we host a virtual community event for all members. It’s a chance to get together (virtually) face-to-face, bond, and usually hear from some pretty badass speakers. This month we’re hosting a mini film-fest including an exclusive sneak preview of a new TV series in development and a screening of a clip from the Greatest Artist followed by a Q&A with lead actor, producer, and mental health advocate Matt Postlethwaite (Peaky Blinders, Netflix).
tethrPODS launches the first cohort of accountability pods - TODAY (January 11th)
If you missed out on this cohort, don’t worry. There’s lots more to come, so keep your eyes peeled. Make sure you’re subscribed to our newsletter so you’ll never miss an update and CLICK HERE to learn more about tethrPODs and the Accountability Micro-Program.
We Want to Hear from YOU — Tales That Tethr and Coach’s Corner
You have a story and we want to share it. There is so much power in sharing, it may turn out to be exactly what another man needed to hear. If you’d like to share your own unique mental health and wellbeing journey with the community, start by telling it to us here.
If you’re a mental health and wellbeing professional, you can share your professional wisdom with the community using the Coach’s Corner form.
We’re all on different journeys and we each have something important to add to tethr.
Peer Support 101
If you’re new to peer support, we have a few helpful resources. Start by checking out our article, How to Be a Peer Support 101. Another great place to go is our IGTV channel, where we’ve interviewed doctors, experts, and advocates on the subject of mental health, wellbeing, and peer support.
A Few In-App Reminders:
- The play button at the bottom of your screen brings you to all the tethr content in one place. If we don’t produce it ourselves, we’ve consciously curated it for you. There’s new content to check out daily.
- To access tethrPODs in the app, use the button in the middle of your navigation bar. You can sign up for the next cohort and learn more about pods.
- Verified Vulnerability is a paid posting feature that conceals your identity when starting a new thread. We never want there to be a barrier to sharing, so if you’re new to this or want to discuss a sensitive topic, you can use this to take the first step. Please note that only the first post in the thread is anonymous, any subsequent comments and replies are not (TL;DR even if you started the thread, your comments are not anonymous).
- The orange circle emoji 🟠 is a staple in the tethr community. It’s a quick and easy way to acknowledge another man and let him know he’s seen and heard. Feel free to drop it in a thread after reading, to let the poster know that he is supported.
- When you join tethr you take an oath to maintain the confidentially and integrity of the community. If you have any questions about what is or is not acceptable, please check our community guidelines or ask a Trusted Voice (you can identify them by the blue ‘T’ badge on their profile).
- Our founders are also tethr members and just like every other man on the app, they’re open to connect. Feel free to drop comments or questions on Matt and Addison’s posts in the app, or send them a DM if you’d like to speak one on one.
Let’s not forget why we’re here: we’re all in this to tethr!